The Third International Congress of StreetNet
- Class struggles to our understanding are so-called smart disassociation and non-recognition of the informal workers and non-acceptance of their ideas and input despite being vital for the informal economy;
- This causes people in the informal economy to become vulnerable by being abused in the economy by the “big guns” and big players;
There is a need for:-
- Regular sensitisation programmes to merge the marginalised and the big players of the economy who fall in the same trade or otherwise to worl together through links;
- Empowering informal economy workers to resist the effects of class struggle through making them understand how critical and vital they are to the economy;
- Lobbying and advocacy on class struggle for RECOGNITION through Rights Awareness Programmes.