The First International Congress of StreetNet:
1. the existing policy of StreetNet International on Sustainability and Financial Self-Sufficiency, which states: Other means of fundraising will be identified and pursued, including:
- international trade between street vendors projects in different countries;
- savings and credit initiatives;
- fundraising events (such as cultural events, etc.)
2. that StreetNet should ensure that the existing policy is fully implemented.
That a Fund-raising Sub-Committee be appointed to be responsible for the generation of income for StreetNet, with the following Terms of Reference:
1. The Sub-Committee shall report to the International Council and the International Congress of StreetNet on a regular basis;
2. Members of the Sub-Committee will not be entitled to profit or benefit personally from any income-generation projects of Streetnet International;
3. Any income which accrues through the work of the sub-committee, including income in the form of commission or shares, shall belong to StreetNet International as an organisation and not to any individual staff or member of StreetNet, including elected office-bearers and members of the Fund-raising Sub-Committee.
There is also a portuguese version of the Blog where one can access personal updates on news and events. It can be found on this link: http://streetnetbrasil.wordpress.com/
INDIA. DP is irreparable, scrap it, say activists. Times of India (10 April 2015).
TANZANIA. College plans to identify trade opportunities for hawkers. Daily News (10 April 2015) by Ludovick Kazoka.
INDIA. No street vendors, cycle rickshaws in Lajpat Nagar market: NGT. Zee News (8 April 2015) by PTI. New Delhi:
BOTSWANA. EDD is the way to go. Mmegi Online (8 April 2015).
USA. Five Courses: Hawkers' street food flair & more. Creative Loafing Tampa Bay (8 April 2015) by Meaghan Habuda.
INDIA. Hawkers may be allowed near Rishi Kapoor, Anil Ambani's Pali Hill residences. DNA India (8 April 2015) by Amrita Nayak Dutta.
ABU-DHABI. Abu Dhabi Municipality raid scares away street hawkers. Gulf News (7 April 2015).
SINGAPORE. Hawker centres to be spruced up with murals and art installations. Channel News Asia (5 April 2015) by Vimita Mohandas.
MALAYSIA. 'Development will be inclusive'. The Star Online (3 April 2015).
INDIA. 'Street vendors denied right to livelihood'. The Hindu (1 April 2015) by K.N. Umesh.
StreetNet International is an alliance of street vendors. It was launched in Durban, South Africa, in November 2002.
Membership-based organizations (unions, co-operatives or associations) directly organizing street vendors, market vendors and/or hawkers among their members, are entitled to affiliate to StreetNet International.
The aim of StreetNet is to promote the exchange of information and ideas on critical issues facing street vendors, market vendors and hawkers (i.e. mobile vendors) and on practical organizing and advocacy strategies